On June 4-5, 2022, the Vietnam International Commercial Mediation Center – VICMC had two-session training on the Resolution of International Trade and Investment Disputes through Mediation for the 5th Class of International Lawyer Training Program in Ho Chi Minh City (5th Class) at the invitation of the Cooperation Center for Lawyer Training on International Trade – Judicial Academy.
In order to bring the best quality of training to students of the 5th Class, VICMC has designed a training program focusing on skill practice with the participation of a team of experts, and professional mediators:
- Lawyer Nguyen Hung Quang – President of Vietnam International Commercial Mediation Center (VICMC), Founder and Partner of NHQuang & Associates;
- Lawyer Vu Thi Que – Vice President of VICMC, Executive Lawyer, Rajah & Tann LCT;
- Lawyer Luong Van Ly – Founding member and managing director of VICMC, Founding Lawyer of Global Vietnam Lawyers;
- M.A. Nguyen Thi Minh Hue – Mediator of VICMC, Director of the Cooperation Center for Lawyer Training on International Trade – Judicial Academy;
- Ms. Tran Thi Huong – Head of External Relations Department – VICMC, Founder and Partner of Rachel Law Firm;
- Dr. Le Hung Long – Vice Secretary-General of VICMC, University of Economics, Ho Chi Minh City.
With a training program that focuses on the practical skills of lawyers and mediators, trainees of the 5th Class not only watch a mediation session demonstration by VICMC but also have the opportunity to actively participate in a hypothetical mediation session. Each participant will role-play as a mediator, lawyer, or a party to a dispute in a particular situation.
During the practice, VICMC Mediators will observe to give comments and suggestions to each trainee and share practical experiences. These suggestions will help the trainees better understand the theory and skills learned, and at the same time help trainees avoid the common mistakes in practice.
Through two sessions in the Resolution of International Trade and Investment Disputes through Mediation, the students of the 5th Class of International Lawyer Training Program have had many interesting experiences and accumulated more knowledge, and useful skills, serving the process of studying and working in the future. VICMC would like to wish the students of the 5th Class to successfully complete the program and become talented international commercial lawyers in the future.
Some pictures from the training on the Resolution of International Trade and Investment Disputes through Mediation: