From May 22 to May 31, 2023, the Vietnam International Commercial Mediation Center – VICMC organized the Training Course on Mediation Skills for Commercial Dispute Resolution by combing both online and offline method, which can be chosen by the students.
With the aim to bring the best quality of training to trainee of the Training Course, VICMC had designed a training program that includes in-depth theory, discussion and role-playing practice with the participation of a team of experts, and professional mediator:
- Lawyer. Nguyen Hung Quang – President of VICMC, Founder and Partner of NHQuang & Associates, CEDR Certified Mediator;
- Assoc. Dr. Nguyen Minh Hang – General Secretary of Vietnam International Commercial Mediation Center (VICMC), Senior Lecturer of Foreign Trade University, CEDR Certified Mediator;
- Lawyer. Phung Quang Cuong – Partner of NHQuang&Associates, CEDR Certified Mediator;
- Lawyer Tran Thi Huong – Deputy of External Relations Department of VICMC, Founder and Partner of Rachel Law Firm; CEDR Certified Mediator;
- Lawyer Tran Thi Thanh Huyen – Partner of NHQuang&Associates, VICMC Mediator;
- Lawyer Nguyen Anh Minh – Senior Lawyer of NHQuang&Associates, VICMC Mediator;
- Lawyer. Nguyen Tuan Phat – Head of VICMC Energy and Infrastructure Working Group, CEDR Certified Mediator;
- Assoc. Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Ha – Vice Dean of Law Faculty, Foreign Trade University;
- Dr. Nguyen Gia Thien – Vice Dean of Faculty of Law, University of Economics and Law, Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City, VICMC Mediator.
The training course focused on practicing, training the methods and principles of commercial mediation, along with resolve situations of internal business disputes, energy, etc. Through the course, participants were not only provided with in-depth knowledge of commercial mediation, but also the chance to participate directly in a mock mediation session. Each trainee was allowed to play the role of a mediator, lawyer or a party to a dispute in specific dispute situations.
During the practice, VICMC Mediators would observe to give comments and suggestions to each trainee and share their practical experiences. These suggestions have helped the trainees apply the learned theory and skills; at the same time help students quickly improve the common mistakes in practice.
Through the training course, the trainees had the opportunity to access to many perspectives and experiences in the field of commercial mediation. From there, students can accumulate more useful knowledge and skills for future research and work. At the end of the training course, the representative of Vietnam International Commercial Mediation Center awarded the Certificate on Completing the Training Course to the participants.
Some pictures from the training on Training Course on Mediation Skills for Commercial Dispute Resolution